Non classé

Club Panhard France

Panhard Dyna 750 Coupé Allemano (1952)

Panhard Dyna 750 Coupé Allemano (1952) Panhard was a French automobile manufacturer that began as one of the first automobile manufacturers. It was a manufacturer of tactical and light military vehicles. Its latest incarnation, now owned by Renault Trucks Defense, was formed by the acquisition of Panhard by Auverland in 2005, then by Renault in 2012. In 2018 Renault Trucks Defense, ACMAT and Panhard merged under a single brand, Arquus. Panhard and Levassor sold their first automobile in 1890, based on a Daimler engine license. Levassor obtained his license from the Parisian lawyer Edouard Sarazin, friend and representative of the interests of Gottlieb Daimler in France. After Sarazin's death in 1887, Daimler commissioned Sarazin's widow, Louise, to sue her late husband's agency. The Panhard and Levassor license was finalized by Louise, who married Levassor in 1890.Daimler and Levassor became friends and shared improvements. Panhard Dyna Z (1953) These early vehicles set many modern standards, but each was a unique design. They used a chain-driven clutch pedal gears. The vehicle also featured a radiator. modern transmission . 1894 Paris-Rouen rally of , Alfred Vacheron equips his 3 kW (4 hp) with a steering wheel, considered one of the first jobs of the principle. In 1891, the company built its first all-Levassor design, [4] a "state-of-the-art" model: the Panhard System consisted of four wheels, a rear-wheel drive mounted motor and a raw sliding gear transmission. , sold for 3500 francs s. [4] (This remained the norm until Cadillac introduced synchronization in 1928.) [5] This was to become the standard provision for automobiles for most of the next century. In the same year, Panhard and Levassor shared their Daimler engine license with bicycle manufacturer Armand Peugeot, which created its own car company. 1,205 cm3 (74 cubic inches) Panhard and Levassor finished first and second in the Paris-Bordeaux-Paris, one piloted solo by Levassor, for 48 and a half hours. [6] However, during the Paris-Marseille-Paris of 1896, Levassor was fatally injured due to an accident while trying to avoid hitting a dog, and died in Paris the following year. Arthur Krebs succeeded Levassor as general manager in 1897 and held the position until 1916. He made the Panhard and Levassor company one of the largest and most profitable automobile manufacturers before The First World War. The Panhards won many races from 1895 to 1903. Panhard and Levassor developed the Panhard rod, which was also used in many other types of automobiles. Beginning in 1910, Panhard worked to develop conventional valveless engines, using under license sleeve valve technology that had been patented by the American Charles Yale Knight. Between 1910 and 1924, the Panhard & Levassor catalog listed many models equipped with conventional valve engines, but these were offered alongside cars equipped with sleeve valve engines. Following various detailed improvements to sleeve valve technology by Panhard's own engineering department, from 1924 to 1940, all Panhard cars used sleeve valve engines.